Sunday, March 4, 2012


Convenience? or Lack of Education?
"Evidence" by Godfrey Reggio.



First watch the video then read... 

Have you ever noticed how TV affects children? 

For some people I believe TV is like a gift sent from heaven. For others we just don't think about it and it became the thing that is ok to do or let our children do.

What do you think?
Do you think it's a problem?
How do you think it affects your children's growth?

So let's say that after evaluating some parents think it is a problem. What would it take to make it different? What if children don't like it or don't agree? What if they cry and cry? I guess the question is... What are we willing to do?


I'm not a parent yet, but I do work with a lot of Parents, Teachers and Children. I'm implementing a Multicultural Children program around the world that I believe has one of the most amazing tools on how to "Grow Joyful Children".. 


3 comments:

  1. When I was a child, we watched our dad be more hypnotized than us kids by the TV. He would completely zone out whereas we were often doing each others' hair or exercising or something because none of us sat still very well. We also watched our mother and our grandmothers create blankets and embroidered pictures and tons of sweaters while never really looking up at the TV. As we got older, we took up crafts to do while watching TV and even now, most of my TV is when I am cycling or hanging out with friends (not just zoning out). Is it the TV that is the problem, or is it how the parents teach the kids to treat TV...as a substitute for all the other things or as a supplement?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the problem "How" parents teach the kids to treat TV? I guess another question is how old can a child be to understand that process? Do they need to watch tv? does it help with their development?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point - and it would be interesting to do an actual study on it, but I don't see an Ethics Board ever approving that. ;)

    ReplyDelete